Logout Headache in KDE 2.2.2

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 19:26:54 GMT 2002

Hi,

On my system just below the two items mentioned is a checkbox with 3
alternatives

Login as different user, turn off computer, restart computer.

If you check 'Login as different user', you will be returned to the KDE or xdm
login screen ( if in runlevel 5) or a text console ( runlevel 3 ).  I run on
runlevel 3, and I am returned to the plain console.  To restart KDE I type in
'startx'.

To stop the computer I then press CTRL-ALT-DEL at this console. My relevant
line of my inittab is:

# what to do when CTRL-ALT-DEL is pressed
ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -h -t 4 now

Hope this helps

Basil Fowler