Konqeror does not show java contents

Michael Hoeller MichaelHoeller at t-online.de
Tue Nov 19 21:31:51 GMT 2002

Hello,

I have problems displaying webpages which have java contents. I use SuSE 8.1
with KDE 3.0.4.

When I go to the Netscape Plugins Dialog under the Properties I can see many
plugins (flash, acrobat, ...) but no java. But when I check one of the
included direcotries like /opt/mozilla/plugins I have a valid link for the
java JRE: libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
/usr/lib/SunJava2/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so

The SuSE 8.1 is compiled with a new gcc and I guess the JRE is still compiled
with the "old" one this could be a reason for not beeing shown - but could
that be the reason for not displaying the java contents? I was under the
impression that KDE does *not* use the plugins..?

Does any one know what's wrong / why I can't see the java contents?

Thanks a lot
Michael