konqueror 3.0.1 fonts problem

Gaël Roualland gael.roualland at dial.oleane.com
Tue May 28 08:32:51 BST 2002

James Richard Tyrer a écrit :
> Gaël Roualland wrote:
> > I'm having a weird problem with the web browser in konqueror 3.0.1 :
> > pages show with little blocks instead of letters for default fonts most
> > of the time. I don't know if thta's a know issue...
>
> In general, the boxes mean that it couldn't find the needed character in
> the font encoding that you are using.
>
> If this is a problem with only special characters then it is a Windows
> issue.  The web page either didn't list an encoding in the Head or it
> lied and said: "iso8859-1" when it is actually: "cp 1252" or something.
>
> Obviously this only happens when you use a web site since you
> consistently use the same encoding on your own system.

Well yes, that's what I thought, except it does that on almost every
page, eg the konqueror welcome page (the top links will never display
fine), or the google front page... Is there a way I could see some
konqueror messages telling me which fonts it rejects and for which
reason ? (nothing about fonts in my .xsession-errors)

> Obviously this only happens when you use a web site since you
> consistently use the same encoding on your own system.
>
> Try setting the encoding under: "View => Set Encoding"

I did try to change that to a few values (iso-8859-1, iso-8859-15, ...)
without any success :(.

Any other ideas ? Thanks,

Gaël.

Gaël Roualland -+- gael.roualland at dial.oleane.com