Upgrading from KDE2.2.2 to KDE3 on FreeBSD

Michael michael.lawver at pointoflightproducts.com
Thu May 23 20:20:27 BST 2002

Ahhh ok but I'm a little confused then because if you look at the e-mail
from Will Andrews you still need to get rid of them and was the reason
for my inquery originally, at least for freeBSD it seems it's necessary
to eliminate them.

Here is his actual posting:

Hi,

Thanks to Alan Eldridge, Lauri Watts, and Andy Fawcett for
providing patches for this generation.  These packages include
fixes for KDM and usage of FAM (kdeprint configure script
problem).  Also new in this generation is a KOffice package.
With the availability of that package, the metapackage was able
to build.  So, without further ado:

	PACKAGESITE="http://freebsd.kde.org/packages/3.0_1/" <http://freebsd.kde.org/packages/3.0_1/>
	pkg_add -r kde

Please remove all previous qt/kde versions before installing,
etc.  Please refer to the notes for the previous generation for
additional information about these packages.

I have not yet installed them, BUT at a cursory glance, the
emptydir problem has been solved (if perhaps in a hackish
manner.. I will have to sort that out).

That's the cue for sleep.  Enjoy, people.

Regards,
--
wca