high cpu usage by kdeinit

Francesco Oppedisano f.oppedisano at tiscalinet.it
Thu Jun 6 13:03:48 BST 2002

> kdeinit is what starts other KDE programs, thus most KDE programs will show
> to top as kdeinit. Try using ksysguard to look at the process list as that
> will show what the offending kdeinit is really running. The commonest
> offenders seem to be konqueror (web browser) and kicker.
>
> James
Thank u very much fo r the info.
Only another question:
what's kicker? ...is it the panel? I say this because the problem seems to be
the panel...during high cpu isage times i can manipulate and use windows on
desktop but i'm not able to do anything from the panel.
In this case is there a fix to the problem?
Thank u
Francesco