[SLE] kde3 final ... won't start ...

Gerhard den Hollander gerhard at jason.nl
Thu Apr 4 15:49:25 BST 2002

* Anthony W. Marino <anthony at AWMObjects.com> (Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 07:24:19AM -0500)
> On Thursday 04 April 2002 03:39 am, Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
> > This is (mildly) disappointing/frustrating/irritating
> >
> > I just downloaded the kde3 final from suse
> > for suse 7.3
> >
> >     and it refuses to startup (dcopserver errors)
> >

> I haven't seen the latest for myself, however, experienced something similar
> and was advised of the "startkde" script problem.
>
> Open the "startkde" script in "/opt/kde3/bin/".
> Make sure that the following is in the top lines of executable code:
>
> export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3
> export KDEDIRS=/etc/X11/kde3:/opt/kde3
> export KDEMAINDIR=/opt/kde3

He shoots,
He aims,
He scores !!!!!

Allll right .....

If anyone from SuSE is reading this,
could you please stick this in the README ?
(or even better patch the Rpms ;) )

;)

Thanks very much

Currently listening to: 01 - BURN

	Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O	With judicious application of shaving foam & water
 =`\<, 	and scraping with a razor of it's prickly hind quarters