How do I get the "Light Widget"?

Dave Anderson r-n-d at pacbell.net
Sun Apr 28 23:53:15 BST 2002

I have a Sun Ultra 5 on the way, to replace my Sparcstation2. I will be
running Solaris 8, and I want to know how I can make my desktop look
like the example at http://www.kde.org/screenshots/kde300shots.html,
specifically the one with the glass-like UI buttons that is shown at
http://www.kde.org/screenshots/1152x864/kde300-snapshot1-1152x864.jpg.
Compiling/installing QT & KDE look like pretty straigtforward tasks...
I have been digging for hours, and I did manage to find the homepage for
"Slick" Icons, I found the FreeKDE.org color scheme(though this isn't as
important) but nowhere can I find the "Light widgets" that are alluded
to near the top of k300shots.html?

Maybe I'm missing the point here... what I want is the glass
marble-looking buttons. I don't care how I get it, except I don't want
to go to themes.org if I can help it... that site is the biggest piece
of crap I've ever seen. Not only is it poorly organized with a worthless
search function, but it takes forever to load pages, and even after
setting up an account and clicking the link they emailed to me to
activate it, the login is brain-dead.

Any help getting my desktop to look like the above-linked jpg would be
much appreciated...

Thanks and Regards,

Dave Anderson