isoimagewriter and manifest files

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Apr 13 16:51:12 BST 2022

Oooh ooh I think I got it
https://invent.kde.org/utilities/isoimagewriter/commit/f6cafd4b1f034da520b9bd28c3a1a5e1169af956
set(CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS    "${CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS} /MANIFEST:NO")

Could someone test the built package on
https://binary-factory.kde.org/view/Windows%2064-bit/job/KDE%20ISO%20Image%20Writer_Nightly_win64/
You'll need to download an ISO and have a USB disk.  It works for me.

e.g. http://distro.ibiblio.org/damnsmall/current/dsl-4.4.10.iso

Jonathan

On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 at 16:16, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:

> I've solved the problem I had with isoimagewriter not loading icons.  The
first time I called QIcon I instead called
KIconLoader::global()->loadIcon() and that seemed to load the magic
initRCCIconTheme() function that it needed to get it working.

> My more important problem is I need to include a .manifest file into the
binary which tells it to use elevated privileges (to write to the USB
drive).  This is done here:

https://invent.kde.org/utilities/isoimagewriter/-/blob/master/isoimagewriter/isoimagewriter.rc

https://invent.kde.org/utilities/isoimagewriter/-/blob/master/res/isoimagewriter.manifest

> But when compiling with craft, msvc2019 and ninja it seems to create its
own embed.manifest file which conflicts.  Would anyone know how to get it
to not generate this conflicting manifest file?