How to restore default settings on Windows?

Michael Dawid mda.forum at dawid-info.de
Sun Sep 8 12:41:27 BST 2019

Hi,

i already sent this request to the digiKam user mailing list, but i didn't received any answer yet. I hope someone from the kde/windows mailing list can help me.

Here the original question:

I have searched the digikam documentation and web page on how to restore default settings for digiKam on Windows. Unfortunately i couldn't find an information about that. As far as i understand, digiKam stores some settings in the rc file, which is under linux machines located under the .kde folder of the home drive. I was searching my C:\users\ folder for any digikam or kde folder, but couldn't find any. Therefore i'd like to ask where is the default location of the rc file?

Background: I upgraded my digiKam from 5.9.0 to 6.2.0 and had some performance issues. Therefore i was trying to solve it by reinstalling the new and old version. Somehow, while fiddeling around i managed to disable the menu bar and i'm unable to restore it again. Even though i uninstalled and installed any of the above mentioned versions i don't have any menu bar. As I understand it should be possible to restore the window settings by deleting the rc file. Unfortunately i don't know where to find it on windows systems.

I'm using Windows 10 pro 1809

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,

BR,