issues with latest craft

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Mon Mar 6 08:11:50 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 5 March 2017 19:44:37 CET Jack wrote:
> I just tried using craft for the first time in several months, and have
> run into a number of issues.  Help or suggestions on any of them would
> be appreciated.  (I posted some of these to the IRC channel, but so far,
> haven't seen any response.)

Heya,

trying to respond to a few issues you have.

> 1) per an error message, I upgraded my python from 3.5 to 3.6. However,

Makes sense.

> I then got some messages about needing to set the python27 variable.  Is
> 2.7 really needed in addition to 3.6?  Am I just asking for trouble
> pointing python27 to my 3.6 version?

No idea, sorry.

> 2) on https://community.kde.org/Windows the link near the bottom to the
> source code in git points to raft.git instead of craft.git.

Fixed.

> 3) is there still no single craft command to update all installed packages?

Updating *all* packages should be possible with `craft --update-all ...`, no?

The bigger problem (I have) is updating a *subset* of packages, e.g. just KF5
-- that's not easily possible.

> 4) I initially got a strange error, which suggests typos in two calls to
> craftDebug.log.debug in craft/bin/utils.py.  I've attached a patch file
> showing the two lines I changed - both removing the leading 'f' from the
> start of the call '(f"C...' and also fixing a spelling error in one from
> Coammand to Command.

That's valid Python 3.6 syntax. See:
  https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0498/

Did you get that error with Python 3.5 still around?

> 5) Attempting to upgrade libpng, I get compile errors with 1.5.28
> (default target) and also with 1.6.6 and 1.6.27.  I'll be glad to post
> more details if anyone is interested.

Yes, please post the error. Maybe in a separate thread.

Cheers,
Kevin