Does anybody use MinGW-qtwebkit, successfully?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 3 14:48:18 UTC 2016

Hi again,

On Wed, 2 Mar 2016 12:51:00 +0100
Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
wrote:
> Can anybody report success compiling a (somewhat recent) _functional_
> qtwebkit with MinGW+emerge? I can get the build to work, but rkward
> crashes, immediately, as soon as it tries to load an HTML-page. The
> same works fine on Linux, of course, and also in an MSVC compiled
> build (which has other annoying bugs, though).
>
> I guess next thing I'd try building with MinGW 4.9 (officially
> supported by Qt), instead of 5.3. But as this is still a rather
> time-consuming endeavor with uncertain result, I thought I'd
> better ask, first...

update: I had to re-do my MinGW-build, anyway, as I had imprudently
purged the image-directories. So I went with MinGW 4.9.2-4, this time,
and: Problem has disappeared. What a relief! Of course the real cause
could easily have been some other subtle difference between the two
builds, but nothing obvious comes to my mind.

I'll try to upload a fixed emerge snapshot / "KF5 on Windows shortcut"
later tonight.

Regards
Thomas