Introduction of GSoC 2016 project "KStars on Windows"

Raphael Cojocaru raphael.cojocaru at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 19:15:53 UTC 2016

Dear KDE-Windowsdevelopers and contributors,Let me introducemyself: my name is Raphael Cojocaru, I am an engineering student presently inmy second year of study at the Faculty of Automatic Control and ComputerScience from the Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Romania, and I aminvolved in KDE community, especially in the KStars project for about fivemonths now. During this time I met extraordinary people and I also acquired agreat deal of knowledge in software development and open-source as well. Today,I am happy to announce you that I will take part at Google Summer of Code 2016,with “KStars on Windows" project. The "KStars on Windows"project aims to develop a single KStars executable used to install KStars andany prerequisite libraries needed by KDE5/Qt5. My mentors are Jasem Mutlaq andAkarsh Simha. As a first task,I need to succesfully build KStars on Windows, along with its dependencies.Until now, thanks to emerge tool, I managed to compile Qt and KDE Frameworksand furthermore, I managed to build KStars up to 89%. Now I will try toaccomplish this first task overcoming the errors that could come up on thisway.
[ http://raphaelcojocaru.xyz/build.html ]Because"KStars on Windows" project involves several Windows stuff, I thinkKDE-Windows is the best place to ask for help and information. Thanks inadvance!   Best regards,Raphael