Where is konsole?

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Thu Jan 23 12:55:26 UTC 2014

Am 23.01.2014 11:37, schrieb Yuri Samoilenko:
>> Note that even if it was, that wouldn't give you a unix-like command
>> line interface
>
> Can you explain why, please?

Because Konsole is just way to display a terminal window, and not the
terminal itself. Konsole itself only sends and receives the information
from the terminal, which means on Windows, Konsole actually wraps those
nice black shitty console windows you can see sometimes.
If you require *sh+unix tools, try out cygwin or msys.

regards,
Patrick

p.s.: I am currently working on a Konsole port, it only has one serious
bug left, so I think you could try out Konsole in the next release.