KDE Windows installer

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 07:28:33 UTC 2013

2013/9/3 Burkhardt Willi <WBurkhardt at pilatus-aircraft.com>

> But before I address the issue with the Windows Installer, let me ask the
> question: Why are there no instructions on the KDE website on how to
> install KDE applications **without** using the broken installer? I would
> actually assume that with such an easy straight forward procedure - Select
> directory - Download mirrors list - Select and download packages – it
> should be easy to provide such a procedure. Did I not search deep enough?
> Can you point me to that page if it exists? In the installer I see the
> option “Install from local directory”. I assume that this is the way I have
> to proceed, but from where can I download the files? Which files?

Well, the files are here: http://download.kde.org/stable/4.10.2/win32/

But you would have to download lots of files individually, and it's hard to
tell which ones you need. That's pretty much what the installer is *for*:
doing dependency management, figuring out what's needed, and downloading
only that.

--
Nicolás