Glib in KDE on Windows

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Fri Oct 28 13:56:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Miller, Douglas K.  CONT NAVAIR 2109,
1, N139 <douglas.k.miller at navy.mil> wrote:

> Does the KDE on Windows package include Glib?

No, it does not. You can see all it includes here:

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdesupport/emerge/repository/revisions/master/show/portage

> Does it have a toolset to
> build Qt/Glib projects?

Yes, it's a matter of adding a new "recipe" to portage. Glib should
not be difficult. Take an existing recipe as the starting point and
see this for how to compile Glib on Windows:

https://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/Win32

https://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/Win32/MSVCCompilationOfGTKStack

Please note KDE on Windows supports both mingw-w64 and Visual C++ 2010.

I wrote about using emerge as a generic package manager for Windows here:

http://www.elpauer.org/?p=687

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org