Testable KDEPIM Software for Windows

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Mar 29 15:21:40 CEST 2011

Hi,
as previously announced we have created a Package of KDEPIM Software for MS
Windows called "Kolab Enterprise 5 Client - Rough Cut Edition" a Version can
be downloaded from files.kolab.org [1]. This Version is based on KDE 4.6. and
kdepim / kdepimlibs from the git master branch. So it is basically what we
will also see in the KDE-Windows 4.6 release.

There are automatic builds set up which continously build the latest changes
as snapshots the build status is reported at our "saegewerk" [2]
and the snapshots can also be downloaded from files.kolab.org [3]. Due to
utilizing parrallel.py in emerge our turnaround from commit to package
(completly clean build) is less then three hours, if the build is not broken.

When installing this Package, please note that our packaging (single NSIS
installer) is incompatible with the KDE-Windows packaging. So please do not
install it into an existing KDE root directory!

If you want to help please check out and contribute to the wiki page. [4]
Any feedback is also appreciated. And of course if you are able, just go ahead
and fix the bugs ;)

This is still an experimental (Rough Cut) version with several known issues
and should not be considered production ready.

Regards,
Andre

[1]
http://files.kolab.org/local/windows/kolab-enterprise5/experimental/2011-03-09-12-58/Kolab-E5RC-2011-03-09-12-58.exe