kdesupport/emerge/bin

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Thu Feb 24 19:15:19 CET 2011

Hi Wolfgang,

At Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2011 13:58:14 Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> On Donnerstag 24 Februar 2011, Andre Heinecke wrote:
> > Allow to set additional *args and **kw for systemWithoutShell,
> > this brings it more in line with system and allows it to make
> > use of additional subprocess.popen options.
>
> André,
>
> could you please have a look at
> http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/6514/
Sorry for missing this, i am not great with reviewboard in fact i have never
used it so far. Maybe i should look more there, i do not in fact feel like it
is up to me to give you the commit go ahead. But maybe it will help having
another person sign off your changes.

> this does about the same as your commit but goes a little
> bit further.
I see, I have now a piece of code in NSISInstallerPackageBase that depends on
the kw argument. Please just revert my commit to utils for your changes, I
hope that it is not problematic anyway, apologies for the inconvieniance.

> I that review I am wrong about *args - but I am not sure
> if this should be passed - in mostmostmost cases you do
> not want to pass bufsize and executable and stdin, so
> you normally only specify arguments by keyword - and
> omitting *args makes it clearer that all command parts
> must be passed in args and not as separate arguments.
> So not allowing *args IMHO leads to better usage of
> utils.system (self-documenting by keyword arguments)
Your argument is convincing here, for subprocess popen
kw should in fact suffice, i just wanted to open a wide interface to that
function.

> I currently have 5 reviews waiting for a reviewer and
> some more patches waiting here but I do not want to
> have too many open reviews.

KDE-Windows had no established process of reviewing changes before, so this
Process is still evolving, as i see it only Ralf reviews your commits and the
others here think that Ralf is the one qualified to do this and he should
give the go ahead. (I think that too). So currently Ralfs time is a
bottleneck here.

Regards
Andre

--