Digikam image R-click window is blank

Mich pintree3 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 17:09:47 UTC 2011

Hi

I was advised by the digikam forum admin to contact you re: my problem.
Upon installation of digikam it took 4 opening and closing of the program and 2
reboots before I finally saw images. This included 2 crashes and Windows trying to fix it. Now I see images without problems but I continue to get the C++ runtime library error ("This application has requested the runtime to terminate in unusual way..."), and the other window  'check online for a solution...' window every 1st time I try to open it. It always takes a 2nd try to open it. Why?
I mention this just in case it has something to do
with my other problem/question as well.

When I R-click on an image a window
pops up BUT it is invisible, that is to say, no writing is visible/seen.
 If I hover my mouse over this windows and slowly move down, on some
places a newer window will pop up and within this new window the writing
 is visible. I'm assuming this is a bug or something but a search
describing this problem, using various combinations produced no results. (See attached)

Thank you
digikam ver. 1.7.0
OS:   Windows 7