Rwindows.kde.org & Digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 15:06:46 CEST 2010

2010/9/10  <loerzi at gmx.net>:
> Hello Gilles,
>
> 1) Thank you very much for such a great software as Digikam !! I really love it.
> 2) Thanks for your effort to make Digikam available on Windows. I also tried to compile it. It worked once with support of your tutorial, but after some SVN updates it stopped working.

checkout last source code from trunk (1.5.0), and recompile it If it
failed, please send me the trace...

> I didn't find time to digg into it. Currently I use Digikam 1.4.0 on a OpenSuse 1.3 KDE 4.5.1 running in a virtual machine. This >works for me now, but I would prefer it running on Windows 7 64bit.
>
> 3) Is there any chance to provide your successfully compiled digikam as a zip file? Or is it to big, because you have to copy the whole KDE folder structure?

No, it too huge and include a lots of depencies installed through KDE
windows installer...

> Once again many thanks for your effort in this great application. I hope to be able to use it on windows in the near future. Maybe I can run my first face recognition on windows at Christmas :-)

digiKam 2.0 and co compile already under windows on my computer. But
it's really unstable, do not use it in production.

If all is fine, it will be released for Christmas. But a lots of
pending implementation still in queue. So i cannot confirm the release
date.

At least in october, i plan to release the first beta.

Gilles