RKWard and R emerge ports

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Mar 22 12:50:16 CET 2010

Hi,

thanks for your reply!

On Sunday 21 March 2010, Patrick Spendrin wrote:
> Am 16.03.2010 21:02, schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > 1. Ok to commit?
>
> r-base has a wrong filename at least (must end in "version" ).

Ok, I committed with r-base.py renamed to r-base-2010-03-21.py, and a few
comments cleaned. A question about this "version", though: What precisely is
the relationship between the version of the emerge script, and the "upstream"
version of the software? Obviously, for svn-targets, the two will differ. But
also in the r-base emerge-script, I wget a symbolic link to the latest release
(development or stable), i.e. this, too, is a moving target (the binary
packages do get the "correct" version number). Is that permissible?

> > 3. Will this lead to automatic inclusion of RKWard and R in the nightly
> > builds/kdewin installer?
>
> Not automatically. If you want that, I can try to include it though...

Well, that would really be great! I do most of my development on a dual-booted
laptop, and that makes building binaries for several platforms (let alone for
two different compilers on windows) a real pain.

Thanks!
Thomas