-------------little confiqure qt designer with windows visual studio express edition for c++------------------------

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 27 22:25:06 CET 2009

You should also install the Nokia VS Add-in (http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/visual-studio-add-in); though the VS Express Edition may not let you.

Essentially, you can do the same thing, however doing the following:

1. Install Qt Open Source Libraries ()
2. Open the Qt Command prompt - you'll find this under the Qt's entry in the Start Menu (Start->Programs->Qt...->Qt...Command Prompt; this is Qt version specific)
3. Run the VS vars script for your version of Visual Studios - you'll have to find it in the visual studios install; this can be quickly added by examining the Visual Studio Command Prompt shortcut; it'll usually reference the batch file.)

You now have a usable command-line compilation environment. 'msbuild' and 'msdev' can be used to build solution/project files; and nmake can be used to build nmake Makefiles.
You can also mix CMake into the mix by running the appropriate CMake Batch file; this may also provide the Visual Studios environment too.

That should get you started. I haven't done anything KDE specific; but that's the general need for working with Qt. If you can get the VS Add-in installed, then you can work with Qt Enabled Solutions and Projects directly in VS; but Microsoft's official policy on the Express Editions forbids extensions; doesn't mean they can't be used though. ;-)

HTH,

Ben