Kile on windows

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 30 22:41:49 CEST 2009

On 30.06.09 15:44:29, Brent Stephens wrote:
> I'm trying to get Kile working on windows.  As far as I have been able to
> tell, no one has really given it much time before.  It really ought not be
> that hard though, I think.  So I'm going to try.
> The program works just fine.  But one ought to be able to compile LaTeX code
> from inside Kile, which I can't.  Kile usually accesses a terminal and runs
> latex from within the terminal (or something like that, I'm not exactly a
> developer, so maybe I'm saying it stupid).  At any rate, I have a working
> TeX distribution, and a native windows LaTeX editor that runs just like it
> should, so I have the parts I need.  I just need some way to get Kile to
> access the LaTeX compiler.

Well, I haven't used kile for ages, but it doesn't really start a
terminal, it does however run the latex and similar commands as a
separate process. You'll have to teach kile where your latex is (there
ought to be some settings) and then hope that the kile developers didn't
expect only unix-paths to be put there.

If that doesn't work you'll have to get your hands onto the code - or
find someone who's willing to do that part. If you want to have a look,
then try to find places were KProcess or QProcess is used in the code.

> Has something similar been done with KDevelop?  Seems like it would, but I
> don't really know.

KDevelop uses external processes as well, yes. In this case it would be
running cmake or nmake (or grep, find, sed and awk for the
find-in-files). But I haven't tested any of that yet, so it might not
work currently

Andreas

--
Don't you feel more like you do now than you did when you came in?