KDevelop hangs in Solid/WMI stuff while trying to do an RPC call to some windows service

ralf.habacker at freenet.de ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Jun 24 00:32:55 CEST 2009

 > Von: "Maurice Kalinowski"
 >
 > this is a known issue, where no solution has been
figured yet.
 > Temporarily you can use following hack to get
applications
 > launched....
 > Problem is that ConnectServer() simply doesn't return.

I can confirm this behavior. Here are some more
informations about this issue:

Breaking a related kde application in the msvc2008 ide
debugger raises a popup dialog with a message that the
application is not running in user code, there may be a dead
lock or similar.

I created a little test application only using the WmiQuery
class and it runs without any problem. Also in the same time
the window wmi utility wbemtest connected to the same
namespace runs without any problems.

This let me assume that this problem is caused by some
hidden problems or interferences in kde applications using
wmi from a dll or there are some problems in the used COM
and DCOM installation/configuration

There may be a windows internal debug session required with
installed windows symbol package to have symbols of windows
dll's. It is located at
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevTools/Debugging/symbolpkg.mspx

Unfortunally after I downloaded and installed the symbols
for Windows XP with Service Pack 3, msvc 2008 ide told me
that these symbols do not match the installed dll's. :-(

Regards