KDevelop hangs in Solid/WMI stuff while trying to do an RPC call to some windows service

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 23 23:36:36 CEST 2009

Hi,

wondering if anybody else ever encountered hangs in the wmi solid
backend during startup of applications. I'm running Vista64 with
MSVC2008 here (all Debug self-built) and its hanging somewhere very
early on (doesn't even reach the main() function) trying to do some
rpc-call apparently (there's an RPC thread). I unfortunately don't have
the exact line or file handy but I can reproduce them if anybody wants
to debug that.

For now I've re-compiled solid without wmi support.

Andreas

--
Give thought to your reputation.  Consider changing name and moving to
a new town.