Installing under Win2k SP4

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 02:06:34 CEST 2008

I noticed that it is suppose the installer is suppose to support Win2k SP4; however, I am unable to get the installer to start - no dialogs, nothing. I'm running the latest installer sets - 0.9.3 and 0.9.3-1, both downloaded specifically and through the 'latest'.

I have the MSVC++ 2005 Express compiler installed, and working.
System is Win2k SP4 with Roll-up 1 and up-to-date patches.

I had tried the older batch file, but I was unable to get it to work. I'm quite happy the installer is there, but am having trouble getting it to work.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,

Ben