Amarok 1.9.4: No collection plugins error

Cedric Girard girard.cedric at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 18:24:01 CET 2008

Patrick Spendrin a écrit :
> Cedric Girard schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I try to run Amarok 1.9.4 on Vista. When I start it I get a "cannot find
>> any collection plugins" error message. I've tried to run "kbuildsycoca4
>> --noincremental" but this does not solve the problem.
>>
> nearly.
> The way to get this done:
> Open a console window; change directory to your KDE install directory
> (e.g. C:\kde4). Then run the following commands:
> C:\kde4> bin\kdeinit4.exe --terminate
> C:\kde4> bin\update-mime-database.exe %CD%\share\mime
> C:\kde4> bin\kbuildsycoca4.exe --noincremental
>
>> My KDE version is 4.1.3 (latest stable version) installed with the
>> latest GUI installer. I've added the KDEDIRS env var and the bin and lib
>> folder to the "path" var as suggested there :
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Installation#Summary_of_Steps
>> and I have also installed the Visual C++ runtime.
>>
>> QT applications run well. I can start kwrite only once and it takes a
>> lot of time to launch (I must kill kded4 and klauncher) to be able to
>> run kwrite again.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
>>
>> Cédric Girard
>>
> regards,
> Patrick

OK I did what you asked me to do but no change. Here is my console log :

C:\Users\Cedric>cd %KDEDIRS%

C:\Program Files\KDE>bin\kdeinit4.exe --terminate

C:\Program Files\KDE>bin\update-mime-database.exe %CD%\share\mime
Usage: bin\update-mime-database.exe [-hvV] MIME-DIR

C:\Program Files\KDE>bin\update-mime-database.exe "C:\Program
Files\KDE\share\mi
me"
Unknown media type in type 'all/all'

Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'

Unknown media type in type 'uri/mms'

Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmst'

Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmsu'

Unknown media type in type 'uri/pnm'

Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspt'

Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspu'

Unknown media type in type 'fonts/package'

Unknown media type in type 'interface/x-winamp-skin'

Note that 'C:\Program Files\KDE\share' is not in the search path
set by the XDG_DATA_HOME and XDG_DATA_DIRS
environment variables, so applications may not
be able to find it until you set them. The
directories currently searched are:

- C:\Users\Cedric\.local\share
- /usr/local/share/
- /usr/share/

C:\Program Files\KDE>bin\kbuildsycoca4.exe --noincremental
create process "C:\Program Files\KDE\bin\dbus-daemon.exe" "C:\Program
Files\KDE\
bin\dbus-daemon.exe"  --session
Family none
kbuildsycoca4 running...