[patch] KUniqueApplication: dbus service cleanup for Windows

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Mar 13 13:49:23 CET 2008

For review.
As discussed before in the thread [1], there are problems
with running KUniqueApplications on Windows because previous dbus service has
not been unregistered, resulting in "KUniqueApplication: Can't setup D-Bus
service. Probably already running." and forced app quit.

Having it, e.g. KMail runs just fine every time I executed it, what was not
the case before (when we needed to kill klauncher and/org dbus-daemon - rather
not an option for end users we're starting to demo KDE apps on Windows to :)).

There are sane arguments that certain fixes should be performed at the dbus
level, but for now we have another month after the initial discussion and
there is nothing better that this KDElibs-level fix. Thus, consider the patch
as temporary.

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?t=120294760700003&r=1&w=2

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek