Error with libpng from GnuPG / gpg4win

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Wed Mar 12 11:12:58 CET 2008

Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
> Patrick Spendrin schrieb:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Currently KDE on Windows uses libpng12.
>> Today I found libpng13 is provided by gpg4win which puts itself into
>> the path - obviously.
>> Since this definitely leads to problems, please be sure to remove
>> gpg4win from the path for now.
>> We will probably have to find a better solution sooner or later.
>>
> Don't understand the problem - do you link directly against the dll?
I was rebuilding yesterday and just seconds before I wondered where this
strange linker error might come from I saw that cmake found the wrong
png dll. Thus I just wanted to put a warning here and a reminder that we
need to fix this (e.g. for kgpg etc.)

> Christian
Patrick

web:                 http://windows.kde.org