umbrello compile problem

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sun Jun 15 22:13:58 CEST 2008

Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
> Ralf Habacker schrieb:
>> Hi,
>> I tried today to reactivate compiling umbrello and got compile
>> errors. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this isse ?
>>
> It's only fixable by changing the template things to not use QChar.
> See comment in kdesdk/CMakeLists.txt about that.

Appended is a patch which help to fixes the QChar problem by using 'char
const*'.

Unfortunally there are still places in the source which fails with a
compile error

C:\downloads\kdesvn\trunk\KDE\kdesdk\umbrello\umbrello\codeimport\kdevcppparser\lexer.cpp(97)
: error C2665: 'QString::QString' : none of the 10 overloads could
convert all the arg
ument types
        e:\daten\kde\emerge-msvc-root\include\qtcore\qstring.h(96):
could be 'QString::QString(const QChar *,int)'
        e:\daten\kde\emerge-msvc-root\include\qtcore\qstring.h(98): or
'QString::QString(int,QChar)'
        e:\daten\kde\emerge-msvc-root\include\qtcore\qstring.h(581): or
'QString::QString(QString::Data *,int)'
        while trying to match the argument list '(const char *, int)'

E:\daten\kde\emerge-msvc-root\include\boost/spirit/phoenix/composite.hpp(281)
: see reference to function template instantiation 'QString
constructQString_impl::operator ()
<IteratorT,IteratorT>(const _Arg1 &,const _Arg2 &)' being compiled

caused by the operator() in the following code.

/** Stuff to construct a QString from iterators */
struct constructQString_impl {
  template <typename _Arg1, typename _Arg2>
  struct result {
    typedef QString type;
  };

  template <typename _Arg1, typename _Arg2>
  QString operator()( _Arg1 const& first, _Arg2 const& last) {
    return QString( &*first, &*last - &*first);
  }
};

Seems that introducing boost into umbrello may help a little in coding
wigth the drawback the interface to Qt will be have problems :-(

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem ?