KDE for Windows Installation Expert Review

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Tue Jan 29 23:59:50 CET 2008

On Tuesday 29 January 2008 15:22:06 Vadim Peretokin wrote:
> Looks good.
>
> I don't agree with suggestions on page 16 though - I don't see anything
> wrong with the current setup, and the suggestions offered seem to be based
> on personal choice.

Radio buttons and check boxes should always be in a vertical list.  Horizontal
lists of these widgets make it difficult to associate the correct widget with
the correct label.  This is a common guideline in all interface styleguides.

> 29, don't really agree with either. Mirrors are called mirrors everywhere.
> Or locations. But not server :/

I don't think many people outside software development know what Mirrors are.
Mirrors are a kind of server, by making the term less specific more people
will have a clue as to what it means.