new emerge functionality?

Clinton Reddekop clinton.reddekop at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 07:22:28 CET 2008

Hello Christian,

Ok, I tried that today.  I installed almost everything because I wasn't sure
what kdelibs depends on.  For all the installation questions I took the
defaults.  Now that the installation is finished, I can run
kbuildsycoca4.exe from the bin directory - no error messages.  The KDE
applications in bin seem to work correctly as well.

What does kbuildsycoca4.exe do?  Running it was part of the "post-install
steps".

I should mention that I had one error from the kde installer - the message
was "Error reading from file C:\KDE4\manifest\boost-headers-1.34-lib.ver
(Unknown error)".

I wonder if my problem has something to do with mingw, which is the compiler
I'm using with emerge.  Which compiler was used to build the apps in the
installer?

Thanks,
Clint