KDE localized build

Ravishankar Shrivastava raviratlami at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 12:41:51 CEST 2008

Hi,
Christian and Ralf (and may be some other too, which I had lost tracks,)
had replied my previous query which I am reproducing below. The point
is, there is virtual hollowness  of localized applications in some
languages (eg - Hindi) in Windows. Localized KDE will not only produce
big buzz, but also give big push for its early adoption. So, may I
request to prioritize this ?

Regards,
Ravi

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:07:28 +0100
> From: Christian Ehrlicher <Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de>
> Subject: Re: KDE windows Localized build
> To: KDE on Windows <kde-windows at kde.org>
>
> Ravishankar Shrivastava schrieb:
>
>> > Hi,
>> > I am new to this list so please forgive me for my ignorance. Can some
>> > one point to the links / resources / docs for installing KDE in Windows
>> > in languages other than Default English? For example, I want to install
>> > and run KDE in Hindi language environment, what should I do?
>>

> This is not yet implemented.
>

> Christian

Message: 6
> > I am new to this list so please forgive me for my ignorance. Can some
> > one point to the links / resources / docs for installing KDE in Windows
> > in languages other than Default English? For example, I want to install
> > and run KDE in Hindi language environment, what should I do?

We are at the very early state of building language packages and your
requested language is not available out of the box. You need to build
the related language pack by yourself. You can use
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/README?revision=783885&view=markup
as a starting point.

Regards