qt plugins and release builds

Shane King kde at dontletsstart.com
Tue Dec 11 08:26:22 CET 2007

Shane King wrote:
> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>> The phonon plugin seems to be a exception. Don't know if it's using FindKDE4Interal.cmake at all.
>>
>> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake?r1=733507&r2=734116
>>

>> Christian
>
> It's not an exception. The fact other plugins are working seems to be
> due to KPluginLoader (which phonon doesn't use) loading the library
> itself if QPluginLoader fails to load it.
>
> The modifications to FindKDE4Internal don't end up flowing through for
> some reason and the actual flags as found in flags.cmake never end up
> having QT_NO_DEBUG. I thought it was something to do with the cache but
> I used CACHE FORCE on them and now QT_NO_DEBUG ends up in CMakeCache.txt
> but still not in the flags files. :(
>
> Shane.

OK, to follow up my own problem, I think the following works:

    STRING(TOLOWER ${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE} CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE_TOLOWER)
    IF(NOT CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE_TOLOWER MATCHES debug)
	set(_KDE4_PLATFORM_DEFINITIONS "${_KDE4_PLATFORM_DEFINITIONS}
-DQT_NO_DEBUG")
    endif (NOT CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE_TOLOWER MATCHES debug)

Shane.