qt plugins and release builds

Saro Engels ps_ml at gmx.de
Mon Dec 10 15:00:52 CET 2007

Shane King schrieb:
> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>>> Von: Shane King <kde at dontletsstart.com>
>>> Did anything get resolved with the issue of qt plugins and release
>>> builds? I find a reference to it on the mailing lists in early November
>>> (http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-buildsystem/2007-November/004233.html),
>>> but currently it's still broken. This means currently amarok wont work
>>> under release builds (which seems to be the standard way qt gets built
>>> for mingw) because of the error trying to load phonon.

>> Christian
>
> I'm getting:
>
> warning: Fatal:ASSERT failure in Phonon::PlatformPlugin*
> Phonon::FactoryPrivate::platformPlugin(): "The plugin
> C:/unix/kde-mingw/lib/kde4/plugins/phonon_platform/kde.dll' uses
> incompatible Qt library. (Cannot mix debug and release libraries.)",
> file C:\unix\kdesvn\trunk\KDE\kdelibs\phonon\factory.cpp, line 285
>
> which seems to match the problem here:
>
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-windows/2007-November/001580.html
>
> I can't see any changes that would now be defining QT_NO_DEBUG to fix
> this (and my flags show it's not being defined).

Basically this seems to be an issue at compile time: kde4_add_plugin
doesn't seem to add the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS correctly: there should be a
-DQT_NO_DEBUG/-DQT_DEBUG flag in there, it helps to add it though - so
basically we should either change the macro to correctly include that,
or we add that in the phonon cmakelists.txt file.

regards
SE