kioslave win32 port start

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Dec 1 22:37:28 CET 2006

Manuel Klimek schrieb:
> Hi Ralf,
>

>> I was trying to port kioslaves to win32 and got some result (klauncher
>> got 'new slave' request), but then I recognized some major network
>> related problems which are hard to follow with gdb. May be someone with
>> msvc and the graphical debugger can give some enlightment what's going
>> wrong.
>>

> just curious: if you think that you'd be more productive using the msvc
> graphical debugger, why don't you download the free beer visual studio
> express?
The main reason why I'm using mingw is, that mingw is the official
supported compiler by trolltech on windows and it is important to be
familiar with this stuff and are up to date.

In general there are three groups of developers on this list, the mingw
one, the msvc one and the ming and msvc one. Currently I belong to the
mingw group. :-)

> If you need help setting things up, I think this list is the
> right place to ask your questions :-)

Thanks for this offer. I will come back later. :-)

Regards