HIG: tabwidgets

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Mar 9 18:01:33 CET 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 08:38, Florian Graessle wrote:
> Now that we are discussing tabs, there is one feature that comes to my
> mind I think we should discuss: the possibility to reopen closed tabs. I
> think it happens regularly that tabs - let it be web pages in konqueror,
> documents in kate or shell sessions in konsole - that are either closed
> by accident or closed and again needed later on. How about introducing a

or at least mandate that it must be an undoable option? ctrl-z re-opens a tab?
or would that be burdonsome in some situations? hm..

another tab feature: dragging over a non-selected tab should bring that tab to
the front.

(once we have all our tab requirements in one place, we can sort them out into
"implement in the tabwidget widget", "must implement in the application",
"should imlement in the application", etc... the dragging should probably be
implemented in the tabwidget)

--
Aaron J. Seigo