GSoC 2012 : collaborative editor

Mayur Dugar mayurdugar03 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 19:26:51 UTC 2012

Hi,
I am currently a pre-final year student at MIT Manipal, India.
I am looking forward to participate in gsoc 2012 and the idea of
collaborative editor thrills me and i wanted to code for it.
I just wanted to clarify if it was meant to be like Etherpad.
I have used etherpad a few times and to start i think at a instance it
seems to more of server-client chat (socket programming) occurring and
sending each other live instructions on how to edit a text file to say.

It would be nice if you could guide me little more on this as to how it
would need to be implemented
There are a few advancements like chat facility or client-server
permissions that too can be made but currently i will like start with one
step at a time and developing it as it grows.
Looking forward to work on it this summer
Thanks.

Regards,
Mayur Dugar
MIT Manipal