Named Graphs And KT

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 9 17:03:46 CEST 2011

On 9 June 2011 15:54, Krzysiek G <goviczek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've read article about Nepomuk:
> http://trueg.wordpress.com/2011/06/08/nepomuk-2-0-and-the-data-management-service/
>
> What do you think about using it in KT.

The use of Nepomuk is a fundamental principle of what we're trying to
do in KDE Telepathy. So the good news, is we're already doing that.

> Of course list of all contacts should be stored in InstanceBase graph
>
> On the other hand Contact availability could be stored in
> DiscardableInstanceBase.
> I think that it could be even different type of Graph e.g
> TemporalInstanceBase. Thise graph would contain only temporal data
> that not need to be available after closing Nepomuk, not needed to be
> stored on hd. And would be optimized for being changed often.

We are doing a lot of this kind of thing already (although we're still
waiting for a few features to do with in memory storage etc to be
implemented by Nepomuk).

--
George