Progress on unit tests

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 16:58:57 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

since I already gave features a big round, I decided to start looking into
unit tests.

So, it turned out to be not so easy: sandboxing Telepathy is quite a pain,
whereas sandboxing Nepomuk is relatively easy. What I did is creating a
separate branch for tp-qt4 ( http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/drf/telepathy-
qt4.git , branch cmake-install-tests ), which makes tp-qt4-tests library
fruible, with some additions to avoid using tp-glib-tests directly. Feel free
to try it out.

With those two components, I managed to create a base test to be used in tp-
kde, which uses fake Tp accounts and a temporary Nepomuk storage. Now I need
to wait for tp-qt4 guys to have a look at my branch and tell me what will be
done. If they don't like the idea of having tp-qt4-tests being installed, what
I'll do will be creating another library, tp-kde-testlib, fulfilling the same
purpose. Otherwise, things will stay pretty much as they are.

Feel free to poke me for any hints/suggestions.

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B