[GSoC] Coding period starts tomorrow!

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Sun May 28 12:14:17 BST 2023

Hi,

we hope your bonding period has been going well and you have discussed
with mentors about what you will be doing over the next several weeks.

If there are any open issues, discuss them with your mentors asap!

Some of you may not have set up a blog to write about your journey [1].
It is *very* important to do so right away in order to spread the word
about what you are doing, the issues you are facing, the progress you
make, and the solutions you find.

   [1] https://invent.kde.org/websites/planet-kde-org/

Now that the coding period is starting, note that it is important to
keep up the discussion with your mentors. Scheduling a regular meeting
time, if possible, is recommended. All mentors are here to help you and
give you advice, and there is no need to be shy.

For your code: "Release early, release often" [2]. This is the best way
for you to get feedback on what you develop, the code quality, the
algorithm, and the content.

   [2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_early,_release_often

Have an excellent summer, everyone!

Joseph

for the admin team

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social