[GSoC] Phase 1 Evaluation next week | deadline Friday (14 July)

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Thu Jul 6 19:12:01 BST 2023

Greetings KDE contributors!

If you have not done so already, please make sure you have written a
blog post about the excellent work you are doing before next week.

Evaluation is based half on your communication with the community, which
includes blogging, and half on your code. Blogging is *required*.

You read that correctly: KDE values communication with the team and
wider FOSS community and users as much as code. And we want to see
documentation, commented code (communication with future developers,
including themselves) and test-driven coding weekly, if not daily.

Building good work practices is how we create a better community
offering the best code anywhere! We are very happy that you have joined
us in this effort.

If you have questions about this, you can ask here, but of course your
maincommunication will be with your team and your mentor(s). Please
ensure that you are ready for evaluation by 14 July.

Cheers!

Joseph, on behalf of the KDE GSoC management team

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social