[GSoC Mentees] the finish line is approaching

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Fri Aug 18 09:17:05 BST 2023

Hello GSoC mentees!

We are quickly approaching the finish line for GSoC 2023, and this email
has important information for you.

Deadline for *mentees*: from 21 Aug until 28 Aug 18:00 UTC. See below
for todos. Please do not wait until the last minute, finish what you
have to do by Sunday 27 August.

The two exceptions to this deadline are the projects which requested an
extension (DigiKam, Okular).

(Mentor deadlines are a week later. I will write more soon.)

Contrary to what they say, good things do NOT need to come to an end.
Your contributions have been great, so why stop now? :) Yes, GSoC is
finishing but the overarching goal is to bring new contributors into
KDE. We would be thrilled to see you stick around and stay active.
Contributors like you are what make KDE such an amazing community to be
a part of!

== Todos ==

All mentees must complete their Status Report as Google requires a link
with all the work for the final evaluation and this is the place to
write it. Here's the Status Report link again:

    https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2023/StatusReports

You may also have things to fill on Google side, like specifying the
link to your Status Report, please check there too:

   https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/

IMPORTANT: Don't forget to publish the final blog post describing your
experience, what you have learned, what you have brought to KDE, and so on!

Please be in touch if you have questions or concerns, we will do our
best to assist you. But please do not wait until the last minute to do so :)

Cheers,
Joseph (for the admin team)

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social