SoK23 End of Work this week | Mentee to-dos

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Wed Apr 12 13:07:47 BST 2023

Hi SoK mentees!

A gentle reminder that we are entering the end of work for mentees this
Season of KDE 2023 on Saturday, 15 April. [1]

There are 3 important to-dos before then:

   1. Wrap up
   2. Status reports
   3. Blog posts

*First*: In the best case, _wrap up_ all unfinished work for SoK! If
this is not doable before Saturday, please document what you did and
what needs to be done so the work can still be completed when possible!

*Second*: Make sure you fill out a _status report_. At the moment 6 out
of 11 mentees have started completing their reports (i.e., just over
half). This should not be viewed as optional: it is how KDE documents
what was done in SoK.

   https://community.kde.org/SoK/2023/StatusReport

*Third*: Write _blog posts_ about your work. This is important. The
posts are a wonderful way to celebrate what you did and let people know
all the cool (or kool? :) ) things that are happening in the community.
I know of 5 mentees that have already posted about their work -- see the
end of this email. Please keep them coming!

Results for SoK23 will be announced Thursday 20 April. After then we
will make the certificates and send out the swag :)

Most importantly, thank you for all that you have done so far and for
all that you will do for KDE and Free & Open Source Software in the
future. May this just be the beginning of a long journey in FOSS!

Cheers,
Joseph

[1] https://season.kde.org/

Here are SoK23 blog posts. This list may not be complete. If a blog post
is missing, please add it to your status report!

Theophile Gilgien
  - https://theophile.gilgien.net/posts/blog-sok/

Rudraksh Karpe
  - https://eco.kde.org/blog/2023-03-15-sok23-kde-eco_be/

Rishi Kumar
  - https://k3yss.github.io/posts/sok_blog1/
  - https://k3yss.github.io/posts/sok_blog2/

Neelaksh Singh
  - https://rinkiakepapa.hashnode.dev/cicd-with-flatpak

Nitin Tejuja
  - https://eco.kde.org/blog/2023-03-06-sok23-kde-eco/
  - https://eco.kde.org/blog/2023-04-05-sok23-kde-eco-selenium-project/

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social