Unmaintained GSoC 2020 Reports

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 03:01:19 BST 2020

Thanks for bringing this up, Piyush.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 10:23 AM Piyush Aggarwal <
piyushaggarwal002 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi GSoC 2020 students
>
> I recently noticed some of you have not been maintaining (or even started
> on) the GSoC 2020 Status Reports[1]. This is a huge thing, partly because
> you were supposed to be maintaining the report side-by-side along with your
> evaluations. Please make sure to keep your status report up-to-date
> throughout the evaluations from this point on.
> This is important because the link to this report is to be submitted to
> the Google Summer of Code final report submission, when the coding period
> ends.
> In case you are opting for a different link to go for report submission
> (for eg: a blog report), update your entry in the StatusReports page to
> point to that link instead. This should be done before the coming
> evaluations as well as updated throughout the remainder of the coding
> period.
>
> Your work till now has been commendable. As a fellow GSoC alumni, I can
> assure you this will be beneficial for you in the long run. I still link to
> my StatusReport page for all official purposes! Moreover, this will be the
> link accessed by the media, your future recruiters, or someone just keen on
> checking out what all you did throughout your GSoC 2020 experience. Keep
> your GSoC experience well-documented and make the most out of it!
>
> References:-
> 1. http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2020/StatusReports/
>
> Best
> Piyush Aggarwal

The next evaluations will begin soon. I have urged all mentors to check the
status report before then. I see no reason to give a passing evaluation to
a student who has no Status Report. Please get that done within the next
few days.

Keep in mind that your status report is the way you report your final
results to Google. They do not come check your code in git, etc. They look
at your Status Report, 100%.

After the end of the 2020 GSoC, that page is yours to use with your
university, scholarship applications and possibly job applications. Please
make it a page of which you are proud.

Valorie