Regrading compilation of KDE application

tushar mehta mehtatus at gmail.com
Thu May 26 11:53:10 CEST 2011

kdelibs and kdesupport are compiled and installed now but kdenetwork is
still giving error!!!

i will try with kde build also...:)
This is happening because I don't know the dependency between packages.

Here is the summary what I have done till:

1) with yum-builddep I installed dependency for kde packages
2) I installed kdesupport
3) I installed kdelibs
4) finally I am trying kdenetwork

full compilation log: http://pastebin.com/7qwMUfJ8

*snapshot:*
[ 94%] Building CXX object
kget/CMakeFiles/kget.dir/ui/metalinkcreator/metalinkcreator.o

Linking CXX executable
kget_test_transfers

/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/kget_test_transfers.dir/testtransfers.o: undefined
reference to symbol 'QFile::encodeName(QString const&)'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'QFile::encodeName(QString const&)' is defined in DSO
/usr/lib64/libQtCore.so.4 so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib64/libQtCore.so.4: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [kget/tests/kget_test_transfers] Error 1
make[1]: *** [kget/tests/CMakeFiles/kget_test_transfers.dir/all] Error 2
[ 95%] Building CXX object
kget/CMakeFiles/kget.dir/ui/metalinkcreator/generalwidget.o
[ 95%] Building CXX object
kget/CMakeFiles/kget.dir/ui/metalinkcreator/metalinker.o

[ 96%] Building CXX object
kget/CMakeFiles/kget.dir/ui/metalinkcreator/filedlg.o

[ 96%] Building CXX object
kget/CMakeFiles/kget.dir/ui/metalinkcreator/localemodels.o

[ 96%] Building CXX object
kget/CMakeFiles/kget.dir/ui/metalinkcreator/dragdlg.o

[ 97%] Building CXX object
kget/CMakeFiles/kget.dir/ui/metalinkcreator/urlwidget.o

[ 97%] Building CXX object
kget/CMakeFiles/kget.dir/ui/metalinkcreator/filehandler.o

[ 98%] Building CXX object
kget/CMakeFiles/kget.dir/ui/signaturedlg.o

[ 98%] Building CXX object
kget/CMakeFiles/kget.dir/mainwindow.o

[ 98%] Building CXX object
kget/CMakeFiles/kget.dir/main.o

[ 99%] Building CXX object
kget/CMakeFiles/kget.dir/extensions/webinterface/httpserver.o

[ 99%] Building CXX object
kget/CMakeFiles/kget.dir/mainadaptor.o

Linking CXX executable
kget

[ 99%] Built target
kget

make: *** [all] Error 2

hoping for this build problem to be solved in total 48 hours!!!