Google Summer of Code: ideas in kde bluetooth land

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Tue Mar 23 13:33:56 CET 2010

Hi Alex and kde-soc list,
I'm a student wanting to participate in current GSoC. I have knowledge
of C/C++ and a short experience with KDE4/Qt4 gui programming and I
would be especially happy if I could hack on bluetooth support for KDE
desktop during summer.

I originally had an idea of developing a proper bluetooth/obex
kioslave, but the exact thing seems to be worked on by another
developer right now. Do you know something about it? Is there an idea
of another aspect of kde bluetooth integration I could work on this
summer? It does not have to be a new project, it just has to be
sufficiently self-contained and large enough. Alex (you seem to be kde
bluetooth guru), have you thought about participating as a mentor in
this year's GSoC?

Regards,
   Matěj Laitl