[Kde-silk] Introducing Project Silk

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 18 20:46:03 CEST 2009

> From: Sebastian Kügler
> Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 9:12:49 AM
>
> Thanks for listening so far. :)

This is exciting. I'd be happy to contribute in any way.  I'm currently working on a multimedia project that I'd really like to get the "silkiness" right on when I start integrating web features.

If ideas are welcome at this stage, I'll throw this one out:
 - A dbpedia soprano backend (http://dbpedia.org)
I think it could be immensely valuable to have semantic access the Wikipedia information.  dbpedia already stores data in RDF style and provides a SPARQL interface to query the database.  It would be crazy cool to be able to access this via soprano just like we can currently use SPARQL to query our local nepomuk data store.

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in (FWIW),
Andrew Lake