[kde-services-devel] AGPLv3

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Wed Sep 12 07:41:01 CEST 2007

Hello,

I want to point out that the folks at FSF are currently soliciting feedback
for the beta2 version of the Affero GPLv3 licence (AGPLv3).
It is basically the GPLv3 with one additional section, which protects GPL'd
software from being modified and offered as a proprietary service without
making the modifications public.
Both GPLv3 and AGPLv3 have mutual compatibility clauses so that in terms of
combining it with other software it isn't any different from GPLv3.

I will soon make use of it for a university project and subsequently for
others. But I don't need to rush on that :)

http://gplv3.fsf.org/agplv3-dd2-guide.html

Josef