Possible bug with multiple structs in structure definition file?

Alex Richardson arichardson.kde at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 21 20:11:44 UTC 2013

Am Donnerstag, 21. März 2013, 17:42:04 schrieb Andrew Clegg:
> Thanks for the great work on Okteta, I use it daily and the structures
> function is really useful.
>
> I'm trying to develop a structure file which contains multiple
> definitions; all of the struct names appear in the advanced selection
> dialog but all of the structs after the first do not appear in the main
> 'Structures' panel and this is output:
>
> okteta(8241)/oktetakasten Kasten2::StructureDefinitionFile::structure:
> could not find structure with name= "SEGY-rev0-binary-textual-reel-header"
> okteta(8241)/oktetakasten Kasten2::StructureDefinitionFile::structure:
> could not find structure with name= "SEGY-rev0-Trace-Header"
> okteta(8241)/oktetakasten Kasten2::StructureDefinitionFile::structure:
> could not find structure with name= "PASSCAL-Trace-Header"
>
> I attach my definition file. I've checked that it's valid XML with
> xmllint. I'm using Okteta 0.10.1 on KDE Platform 4.10.1 on Fedora 17.
> Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Hello Andrew,

The problem was a parsing error in the osd file. When I introduced the script
console I introduced a bug that didn't make these errors show up in the GUI.
I am currently working on fixing this. Should be in the next 4.10 update.

The problem was that string expects the encoding to be specified as attribute
"encoding" not "type". Also EBCDIC is not supported.
Probably it should just fall back to ASCII when an unrecognised encoding is
encountered instead of failing completely.
The other issue is that float32 is not a recognised type name, only
float/double. I will add float32 and float64 as a synonym.

I have attached a fixed version of your structure, now all four elements show
in the GUI.

Alex