Okteta failing unit test

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sun Jul 7 23:08:44 UTC 2013

Am Montag, 8. Juli 2013, 00:24:38 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> *CC me on answers, I'm not subscribed.*
>
> Hi guys, is anyone planning to fix the Okteta unit test that fails?
>
> http://build.kde.org/view/KDE%20SC%20master/job/okteta_master/26/testReport/
> %28root%29/TestSuite/libpiecetable_grouppiecetablechangeabstractpiecetablech
> angeiftest/
>
> It's been failing for months.

Never came around to fix this completely, as I rather hoped to rework the core
anyway, which would result in proper changes which would also fix the tested
behaviour (which currently is worked around in code anyway). QFAIL would not
have worked as this is an interface test, so would have to look into special
casing and what not, no effort that makes sense in long run.

So diabled for now, so things look properly in the statistics ;)

(Yes, agreed, metrics make people do changes just for the metrics, but we have
nothing better then metrics to do estimations, as "gut feelings" are not
normalized. I think it is good you push for people to have no failing unit
tests, thanks for that, Albert, and sorry for resisting so long)

Okteta master is "green" now :)

Cheers
Friedrich